Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Weekend Review

Not a bad weekend, though weather wasn't great. We had great guests staying with us! All the rhubarb items were a hit, especially the pie brought by my boss--Cleo-- for Saturday afternoon. I even got "out on the town" a bit on Sunday! "Over the Back Fence," a live radio production much like Garrison Keillor, was showing at the Commonweal Theatre. It was great! I enjoyed the humor, improv, music, and general banter between the hosts. Afterwards, Cleo and Matt and I headed over to Riverside on the Root for live music and dinner outside! I so enjoyed the music and chatting with the new acquaintances next to me.

I'll have a new recipe for you all this week, but wanted to take a minute to talk about one of our guests here at Coffee Street Inn. Wesley Nelson stayed with us for an extended weekend to do some biking. He has biked all over the country, but he says that the Root River Trail is his favorite! He was out and about for most of each day he was here--he estimates biking about 150 miles across a four-day span. Don't think you could do it? No excuses, people...Wesley is 80 years young! I'm looking forward to getting out on the trails more as I can find the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment