Search This Blog

Friday, May 6, 2011

A Mother's Day Meatloaf



For some reason, meatloaf is always associated with mothers. Even in my family, where my dad was the main chef, that stereotype somehow spilled over. So, in honor of Mother's Day, I am posting the best meatloaf recipe ever. And its original, as far as I know... so give it a try! (It's my own, not my mom's! :)

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
5 large mushrooms, VERY finally chopped
2 slices of toast, torn/ground into fine crumbs
1 large egg
2 cloves finely chopped garlic
A dash of salt
Oregano and basil (I tend to use about a teaspoon of each)
1/2 onion, finely chopped
2 green onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup pepper jack cheese
Ketchup

Directions:
Combine all ingredients except ketchup in a large bowl; mix well
Place is a meatloaf/bread pan and smooth the top
Pour a little bit of water over the top of the meatloaf
Bake at 375 degrees for 70-80 minutes
When the timer reaches 15 minutes, drain and add ketchup to the top

No comments:

Post a Comment