Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

One of our favorites...


Okay, so I have been struggling a bit lately in the cooking arena. Maybe it's the fact that I'm tired of washing dishes by hand (no dishwasher) or the fact that I now have to trip over 2 pets while in the kitchen. Or, it could be that I somehow got behind on Inn projects, homework, AND home activities. Also, I could be a little distraught over the fact that my first sourdough bread attempt did not work. At all. Regardless of this, MAtt and I did manage to cook one of our favorite meals the other day. We have also been grilling...hey, it's nice in Minnesota in February! How often does that happen?? Anyway, here it is--you should definitely try it if you like ethnic foods! (Dad...)

Chicken Tikki Masala

Ingredients:


1 pound chicken
2 limes
paprika, cumin, garam masala, and coriander to taste
1 medium onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, finaly chopped
1-3 inch piece of fresh ginger root, grated
2 green chilies (serrano peppers), finely chopped
4 1/2 oz plain yogurt
14 oz can chopped tomatoes (or fresh tomatoes)
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
1 bunch cilantro

Preparation:

First, cook the jasmine rice according to package directions. Add chopped cilantro and salt.
Cut the chicken into one-inch chunks and cook with in a large skillet. When nearly cooked, add the onion.
Blend garlic, serrano peppers, lime juice, seasonings, tomatoes, and ginger until mostly smooth. Add to cooked chicken along with yogurt and heavy cream. Simmer until thickened, or about 10 minutes.
Serve on top of the rice.

It's delicious! This recipe has been adapted from the book "Curry Cuisine."

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm going to have to start referring to your blog for recipes/meals. My guys like the unique and spicey things you post and are bored with our everyday food.

    ReplyDelete