Search This Blog

Thursday, August 26, 2010

News from Bluff Country...

Dobie Days, a salute to veterans, will be held in Harmony this Friday and Saturday August 27 and 28. There will be live bands, a poker tournament, mud volleyball (wow!), tattoo artists, and more available during these two days.

There will be an onion fest on Saturday August 28 at Dreamacres Farm outside of Wykoff. I may have to attend, as I have no idea what an onion fest could entail!!!

The Commonweal Theatre will be hosting its last production of "Over the Back Fence" on Sunday, September 5. Call Stella at 507-467-2905 ext. 212 now to reserve your tickets!

Chatfield has a "Trash and Treasure Day" coming up-- the town is joining together for fall garage sales! Also on this date, September 11, Spring Valley will be having city-wide garage sales.

More events such as Root River Trail wagon rides to come...

The weather has been perfect the past few days-- I love the sun, but it is harder to get my husband to walk around town with me when it's so steamy outside! It has worked well to take a break during the day to walk the dog alone, and then walk with Matt at night. Last night, Riverside on the Root had live outdoor music as they do every Sunday and Wednesday night. Most of my guests were there enjoying, and I just love meandering by on my way out past the library, the gas station, the Scanlan House, and finally back through town by a different route. Switching from a city life to small town living has forced me to make some adjustments (such as planning grocery lists ahead of time, since there isn't a Cub, Target, AND Walmart within 5 miles like the last place I lived), but overall I enjoy the peace and quiet. It will be interesting to see how quiet it gets during the winter, when tourists are gone, the river is frozen, and many shops close for the season. No need to think about it so soon though-- winter's coming, but soon the leaves will be turning and this place will still be bustling!

No comments:

Post a Comment