Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fillmore County Fair!



The fair starts today! Well, there was some non-livestock judging yesterday, but today is the real kick-off. The fair runs from today through Saturday and is held in Preston.

Tuesday, July 20--Entry Day
8:00a.m. 4-H Horse Training
1:00p.m. 4-H Horse Pleasure Show
3:00p.m. 4-H Poultry Show
6:30p.m. Church night in the big tent (That's where I'm headed once guests are checked in!
7:00p.m. Dairy and General Livestock Judging Contest
7:00p.m. Bull Riding in the Grandstand!

Wednesday, July 21--Family Day
7:30a.m. 4-H Horse Training
7:30a.m. 4-H Swine Show
8:00a.m. Horse Trail and Game Show
9:00a.m. Open Class Judging
12:00p.m. Sheep Show
1:00-5:00p.m. Armband Hours!
4:30p.m. Brother Music, Sister Rhythm in the Big Tent
4:30-6:30p.m. Free Tetanus Shots in the Commercial Building
5:00p.m. Cup Stacking
7:00p.m. Triple B Rodeo!

That's just a taste of what you'll find at the fair this year...I'm excited to explore it myself as this will be my first year in Fillmore County. I'm not sure what to expect, since I grew up in Owatonna, MN--home of the Steele County Fair which is the largest County Fair in the state! I fear I have been spoiled... All the same, I'm looking forward to the church service, the excitement of having all different kinds of animals around, the food, the talent show and other local skills, and the Subway eating contest (though that sounds like an oxymoron). There will also be a tractor pull, a hypnotist, a dance, and a Guitar Hero contest, so come on out to the fair this week! Coffee Street Inn has a few openings left for the remaining weeknights of the fair, and other lodging has availability for the weekend.

1 comment: